Re: Wheres The Contract?

Leon LaHay (neonleon@wimsey.com)
Tue, 16 Jun 1998 08:38:20 -0700

<michael.k.tierney#064#boeing.com@mail.mdc.com>
>From: Leon LaHay <neonleon@wimsey.com>
>Subject: Re: Wheres The Contract?
>
>Mike, I don't think you are going to see many positive changes until a new
BOD is elected. This BOD has been an egotistical, self-serving group of
people whom I feel are out of touch with the membership's needs. Hopefully,
when members realize there is a 100% to 300% increase in their dues, (that
they are getting nothing for)they will also realize that it's time for this
BOD to retire. For us Canadians, the increase in membership fees will be
substantially more due to the falling Canadian dollar. Each US $1.00 is
costing us almost $1.50 Canadian. For a racing family with 3 drivers, the
cost will be $148.00 plus the local club membership. We currently have
long-standing members who paid their 1998 dues last fall and have still not
received their 1998 QMA membership.

>I agree that arrangements should have been made to incorporate the Quarter
Reporter into C2C. One thing about this BOD, it certainly doesn't consider
the membership in any way when it makes a decision!

>With regard to the $5,000 software program the QMA BOD bought, it may very
well be the next best thing to sliced bread. HOWEVER, we STILL do not have
our membership cards. We don't seem to have anything more than we did last
year with the old program - which at this point in time is nothing!

>And speaking of nothing - has anyone actually received a new Rule Book???
>The new rules were voted on at the AGM in January. It is now mid-June.
According to my calculations it has been almost FIVE MONTHS since the time
the BOD had the information. There is simply no justifiable reason for this
lengthy delay!

>So, the way I see it, this is where we stand:
> a) $5,000 spent on a software program - still no membership cards; (a few
received, but very 'spotty'). For $5,000 everyone should have them.
> b) Five Months since the AGM - still no Rule Books;
> c) One Quarter Reporter distributed in the last seven (7) months - QMA
BOD voted to circulate the QR through C2C, and has since apparently